Better make a double batch… it is that good.
Toasted Nut Macaroons
1 C Shredded Coconut (I’ve used the NOW brand Unsweetened, Medium Coconut.)
2 Tb Butter
2 Tb Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 C Pecans, chopped
flat or rectangle baking pan
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Melt butter in a ramekin dish while oven is preheating (or another oven safe dish).
- Toast pecans 12 minutes on parchment paper in the oven.
- Mix all ingredients except coconut shreds and pecans.
- Stir in the coconut shreds making sure there are no lumps, and then add pecans.
- Make round balls with the batter and place on parchment paper. The macaroon balls can get cozy — there is no raising action while baking.
- Bake 12 – 18 minutes.
- Let macaroons cool 10 minutes – if you don’t, the macaroon will fall apart.
This blog is linked to: Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Foodie’s Follow Fridays, Tuesday Confessional, Fat Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, The Heart and Soul Blog Hop, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green, Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits, Tuesday Talent Show, Handmade Tuesdays